Thursday, October 02, 2008

Pimp my Piragua

The NY Times has a niece piece(w/video) on Puerto Rican artist Miguel Luciano's new project "Pimp My Piragua." Miguel is one of my favorite artists. His work addresses the "playful and painful exchanges between Puerto Rico and the United States, questioning the efficacy of a colonial relationship that continues to exist today." If you haven't seen his other work, you must. His Pure Plantainum project is one of my favorites.


Luciano's "Pimp my Piragua" project is currently being exhibited in the Queens Museum of Art

Here is some more of Miguel's other work:






"Luciano critically reconstructs, subverts and establishes
new hierarchies, meanings and allegories that redefine
the Puerto Rican paradigm."
-Juan Sánchez






For more info on Miguel click Here

No comments: